QMRA Apps and Calculators
The Dose-Response Calculator provides the user with a tool that greatly reduces the work it takes to perform a risk assessment. The tool offers an automated dose response calculator, which the user simply has to select a pathogen and input a dose to generate a completed dose response. An added feature of this application is its connection with the QMRAwiki, which provides a dynamically updated list of pathogens and models that the user can select from.
Live dose-response graphs
Graph and compare different dose response models in real time:
Cost-benefit analysis example spreadsheet
We have a simple example of cost-benefit tradeoffs for a scenario of decontamination following an anthrax event. File:RiskMgtAnthraxDeconExample.xls
See also cost-benefit analysis elsewhere in this wiki.
'Beach App': a tool to assist beach closure decisions
This is an Android app (under develoment) that uses weather and hydrologic data from the internet, in combination with data observed at the beach, to determine risk of illness for recreational users.
A demonstration version of this tool is on this wiki.
QMRA apps and tools on other sites
- iRISK is an online tool from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for constructing risk models and estimating health burden.
- Risk assessment tool for contaminated meat (Excel spreadsheet from National Technical University of Athens). See also an article regarding this tool.
- The Interactive online catalogue on risk assessment (ICRA) is an open repository for risk assessment models. It currently includes several models regarding bacteria in meat and eggs.
- MicroHibro is an online tool for microbial risk assessment in vegetables and meat. A draft manual is also available.
- The Microbial Risk Assessment Tool from the Montana Water Center helps small water treatment systems identify microbial risks.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) and Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) link to a few tools regarding: Cronobacter in infant formula; Campylobacter and Salmonella in chicken; and assessment of sampling plans.